Friday, 30 May 2014

Interview with Cat from Through A Cat's Eyes


I am super excited to welcome Cat from Through A Cat's Eyes to my humble corner of the internet. Cat is absolutely lovely, and has been blogging for well over seven years now, and I've been a reader of her blog for a very good portion of that time!! I'm so happy to call her a friend, so when she asked me to answer a few questions for her own blog (you can check it out here) I didn't want to waste this opportunity to ask her some questions too! 


Hi Cat!! Welcome to my little blog. First of all, can you describe your blog - Through A Cat's Eyes - in one sentence?

Hello! Thanks for having me. ^_^

Through A Cat's Eyes is my baby; I've had and loved it for almost 7 years now and it really is an extension of me and my personality. That's the only way I can describe it!


You've been blogging for a long time now, what are your tips to newer bloggers to stop the 'bloggers block'?

Don't force it: If you don't feel like writing a post, don't write a post. Readers can sense when you don't want to be writing so make sure you're doing it when you really want to.

Make sure you're blogging for the right reasons: I think it's really easy to start blogging with the wrong intentions now that the blogosphere is so big and popular. Please don't be one of those bloggers who are only after PR samples and money! Just be in it for the right reasons and stick at it, and I can pretty much promise that you'll do well. ^_^

Don't get bogged down with numbers: This is incredibly difficult and, to be honest, I've been guilty of getting bogged down with the numbers. Really try not to compare your blog to other people's. Just stick at it, don't get disheartened and do your own thing!


What is your favourite 'thing' (place/hobby/product/person/etc.) you have discovered through blogging?

I've made some amazing friends through blogging (Holly, Charli and Amber, I'm looking at you!!) and have just met some wonderful people in general, which is awesome. As for products, blogging has pretty much introduced me to most of what I use... I really rely on blogs to introduce me to new skin-care and make-up products and, as a beauty blogger (I don't stick to that, though), I get to try out lots of new stuff to review. It's hard to pin-point one product! Blogging has also given me an amazing hobby - my blog is my pride and joy. :D


Who are your top 5 bloggers, the ones you get routinely inspired by?

Wow, that's difficult! I read an awful lot of blogs but if I have to choose 5, I'll probably have to say Etc Llymlrs, EssieButton, LexieAlexandra, The Lovecats Inc, and...*drumroll*...Oberjean! And no, I'm not just saying that because I'm on your blog right now; I genuinely love your blog. ^_^


What do you think has changed, good and bad, about blogging, since you first started?

Pretty much everything has changed since I started blogging. When I started, blogging really wasn't a 'thing' and it definitely wasn't a trend like it is now. I'd never heard of any big bloggers or anyone who had made a career out of blogging, and the 'blogosphere' wasn't even really a developed thing yet. In a way, I miss what it used to be like: I was part of an amazing, small community of bloggers all around my age and we were all friends. There was no competition, bitterness, elitism or plagerism and, unfortunately, the blogosphere is full of that now. I've mentioned this briefly before but I really feel incredibly excluded from the blogging community now because of the elitism, even though I've been here for 7 years. Sorry...you opened the flood-gates! :'D


What is your favourite skin care product?

On a lighter note, my favourite skincare product is the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo + because I honestly feel like it keeps my skin under control. Being a teenager, I have quite a few problems with my skin and I do get spots quite often but since I started using the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo +, my skin's been behaving a bit more.


If you could go back to your past self and tell them something, what would you say?
Stop caring so much!! I used to care about what everyone thought of me way too much (I still care but no where near as much) and I would put so much pressure on myself to get the best marks in all of my classes and to never ever get in trouble...ever. There are more important things to be worrying about, when I used to think that getting sent out of PSE was the end of the world. Also, don't care so much about everyone liking you; it ain't gonna happen. 4 years ago, I would go home after school and cry because a stupid ass-hole in my year called me flat-chested. Now, I'd laugh and politely tell them where to go. Stop caring!!


If you won the lottery, would you tell anyone? And, what would your dream wardrobe end up being?

No. Instead, I would go on a shopping spree and buy stuff for all of my friends and then surprise them with a load of presents. Then I would tell them that I'd won the lottery.

Ooooh...my dream wardrobe would be really quite grungey; full of amazing vintage bomber jackets, ripped denim, band tees and muscle tanks. Then I would girly it up with some florals and silver leather (I have an amazing silver bomber jacket from the mens section in ASOS but my family refuse to leave the house with me when I wear it...) :D


What hobby / interest do you turn to whenever you are bored out of your mind? Why?

I usually play my ukulele and sing when I'm bored (or sad; it really cheers me up), or I blog. There's just something so relaxing about making music and blogging is quite comforting for me because I've done it for so long. Both of them are default hobbies for me when I'm bored.


Which book do you force people to read (in a nice way!!)?

Starter For Ten by David Nicholls! I'm obsessed with Starter For Ten - the book and the film - so I'm always nagging people to read and watch it. :'D



Go check out her blog over at Through A Cat's Eyes, you won't regret it!

Ciao and stay squiggly!
Jean
XXXXX

3 comments :

Holly Peckitt said...

Great interview!
Thanks for mentioning me Cat! (Well, I hope it was me, I'm kind of hoping I'm the only blogger called Holly that you know haha) It really made me smile.
I agree on the music when you're bored. I play the piano when I'm sad or bored and I find that really helps.
And whilst we had that conversation the other day about Starter For Ten - I just wanted to add although I didn't like the book I loved the film xx

Cat said...

Thank you for interviewing me; it was fun! You were actually one of the first bloggers I ever talked to, back in the MSN messenger days. ^_^ xx

Hi Holly! It was you, haha! :'D The film for Starter For Ten is amazing; it's actually my favourite film. :3 xx

Jean said...

Thanks Holly! Thank you for commenting and stopping by, appreciate it hunny!! ^_^

It's not a problem Cat, thank you so much for agreeing to it!! Ahh, the good ol days :') Really miss MSN some days!

Post a Comment

I love love love receiving comments from readers, and if you leave a blog address I will check out your blog and most likely follow you :)