Sunday, 1 September 2013

Liebster Award


I am absolutely so touched to have received the Liebster Award from two lovely ladies, Gill at My Miss Dior Fashion and Katie over at Far From Uniform! Thank you very much, and it is such a nice feeling to have been recognised by fellow bloggers already when I have not been blogging for particularly long!

Many of you will have come across the chain award before, but for those who have not, it is just a little way for bloggers with under 200 followers to pass on the love to others with under 200 followers! You pass on 11 questions to 11 bloggers you have chosen, and answer the 11 questions you were given! Since I received it twice I mixed up the questions I got from Gill and Katie.

1. What is your favourite drugstore makeup brand and why?

To be honest, the majority of my makeup would be categorised under "drugstore", but solely because of the lovely Kate Moss lipstick, Rimmel!

2. How did you come up with your blog name?

My blog name is a play on words which one of my friends came up with a few years ago, and since I've been using versions of it for usernames and such! It is pronounced exactly the same as the vegetable aubergine (or eggplant to those in the USA), but is my name - "Jean", and part of my last name, "Ober".

3. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

Japan! I've been in love with the place for ages now and I just really want to go there at least once in my life. I have a chance of going in 2015, but it's a very small chance, and at a cost!

4. If you could only pick one make up product to use which would it be?

Concealer. Usually it is the only product I use anyway, but you gotta hide 'em dark circles somehow!

5. If you could have any hair colour and pull it off what would you pick?

Probably lilac! I dyed the ends lilac as I just won't ever be that rebellious to go all over, and it wouldn't suit me, so just dip-dyeing is the way to go.

6. What's your biggest dream?

To be able to find a well-paid job doing what I love! It's a dream alright... sigh.

7. If you would win a £1000, what would you do with it?

Put it towards my university fund - very boring I know, but in truth that is what would happen to it.

8. The thing I like the most about blogging is ...

The community! Already have talked so much with awesome people about things we like and blogging, and it's just really, really nice.

9. A quote that you live by?

"If you spent less time bitching about your life - you'd possibly enjoy it more"

10. If you could only shop at one store from now on, where and why?

Probably New Look as it would mean I wouldn't become bankrupt!

11. Who is your style icon?

Probably both Alexa Chung and Emma Watson.

Not only are you meant to answer questions set for you, but you post 11 facts about yourself, but I'm not going to bother with that as the questions give you enough facts for one post, I think! :0

My 11 Questions

1. What is your ultimate blogging tip?
2. If you were invisible for a day, what would you do?
3. What song would you recommend to people in order to understand and get to know you better [by listening to it]?
4. What book quote do you try and live by?
5. What is your number one favourite TV programme?
6. What is your favourite hobby/interest?
7. If you won the lottery, who would you tell/not tell?
8. What is your favourite word?
9. If you had the chance to do a trolley dash in a shop, which one would it be, and what would you try and definitely get?
10. What is the meaning behind your blog name?
11. If you had the chance to eat dinner with a famous figure of your choice, dead or alive, who would it be?

I pass the award on to...

Holly at A Daydreamers Thoughts
Andrea at Fancy Fashion Castle
Justine at Chioma C.
Sarah at Creativity Avenue
Harri at Cupcake Crafty
Milly at Miyyi
Jessie at Painting The Ocean
Sally at Sally Tangle


If you don't really want to post about the Liebster Award specifically, which I completely understand and chain posts aren't always everyones bag (and I debated whether to post specifically about it too!) then I challenge you to answer a few of the questions above, share a little more about yourself, in a similar way that you normally post about!

Take care,

Jean
XXXXXX

AIR MAIL ENVELOPE CLIPART from Just Something I Made, and scalloped circle from a pack at Pugly Pixel.

3 comments :

Hannah Williams said...

Great answers and questions!

theglamaddict.blogspot.com

Holly Peckitt said...

Thank you for picking me! I would have passed the questions onto you if I had been picked by someone else. But anyway thank you! :)
Holly x

Jean said...

Hannah - Thank you!! :D Popped your button up btw ^^

Holly - No problem at all, loved your answers!! <3

Post a Comment

I love love love receiving comments from readers, and if you leave a blog address I will check out your blog and most likely follow you :)